TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM Registering a new trademark application in Vietnam based on Vietnamese Intellectual Property Law 2005 (edited 2009). According to the Vietnamese IP Law 2005, the Procedure of Trademark application in Vietnam includes: Trademark search, filing trademark application, Formality examination, substantive examination, granting and renewal
PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages:
(1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months);
(2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and,
(3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only);
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed & sealed by the Applicant. (not notarization and legalization).
Note: A scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable for filing. You can submit the original within 01 month from the filing date without any additional fees.