Cost of registering Trademark in Vietnam. Under the regulations of the Vietnam Intellectual Property Law, trademark is an intellectual property that needs to be protected and the legal basis for trademark protection is the Trademark Certificate. How much does it cost for registering trademark in Vietnam? What is cost of trademark registration in Vietnam?
A trademark shall be protected if it meets the following conditions:
– It is a visible sign in the form of letters, words, drawings, images, including holograms or a combination of above elements.
– It is able to distinguish goods or services of the trademark owner from those of others.
Cost of registering Trademark in Vietnam
- Official charges for filing application: VND 150,000/ 01 application;
- Fee for publication of application: VND 120,000/ 01 application;
- Fee for the trademark search for the substantive examination process: VND 180,000/ 01group of goods or services;
- Fee for the trademark search from the 7th good or service onwards: VND 30,000/ 01 good or service;
- Fee for formality examination: VND 550,000/ 01 group of goods or services;
- Fee for formality examination from the 7th good or service onwards: VND 120,000/ 01 good or service.
- Certificate issuance fee: 120,000 VND;
- Registration fee: 120,000 VND;
- Above information is the cost of trademark registration for a group of goods/services. In cases where a claim for priority or transfer of the application is required, the owner must pay an additional fee.
- In case the owner submits an application through an intellectual property agency, a separate service fee will be charged.