A trademark protection title or certificate of trademark registration in Vietnam is a document issued by a competent state agency to an organization or individual to establish industrial property rights to a mark in the use of the mark. along with the products/services that the business provides.
A trademark protection title is valid for the duration stated in the title. Trademark registration certificates are the basis for organizations and individuals to establish ownership of their trademarks. To obtain a personal trademark registration certificate, an organization will have to spend a lot of time and effort. Trademark registration certificate in Vietnam play a very important role for businesses when related disputes arise, so it is necessary to have a sense of protection and preservation.
Reason for re-issuance of Trademark Registration Certificate in Vietnam
- The certificate of trademark registration is degraded (torn, dirty, discolored …) to the point of being unusable;
- The certificate of trademark registration has been lost during use.
Documents for re-issuance of the Trademark Registration Certificate are as follows:
- A declaration requesting the Department to re-issue the trademark registration certificate according to the form;
- Original Certificate of Origin;
- 01 seal specimen of the applicant;
- Power of attorney (in case the application is filed through a representative);
- Proof of payment of the fee for re-issuance of the Trademark Registration Certificate
Procedures for re-issuance of the Certificate of Trademark Registration
- Within 1 month from the date of receipt of a complete dossier, NOIP will consider the request for re-issuance of the Trademark Registration Certificate. However, in reality, due to the large number of applications filed at the Department and the processing of applications, the processing process will take a long time.
- In case there is a request to re-issue the certificate of trademark registration and register it in the corresponding protection title register in the National Register of Industrial Property. The content of the re-issued copy includes all information from the first certificate and must be accompanied by the words “Reissued copy” or “duplicate”.
- In case the re-issuance request does not fully comply with the provisions of law, NOIP shall issue a notice of refusal to re-grant, clearly stating the reason. To be re-granted a certificate of trademark registration, an organization or individual must submit a complete application and pay charges as prescribed. Charges are specified in Circular No. 263/2016 / TTBTC, according to which there are several fees such as:
- Fee for announcing the decision to re-issue the certificate of trademark registration from 120,000 VND/unit…
- The fee for the registration of the decision to re-issue the certificate of trademark registration is VND 120,000/protection title.
- Other charges as prescribed in Circular